clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Thursday Bantering

I might be taking a few days away from the world but thankfully others are writing about the Jays.

The Blue Jay Hunter talks about players hurt by Cito's Citoness. I don't agree about Randy Ruiz, though I would have platooned him with Lyle, I don't think he would have had a 'breakout' year.

Ghost runner looks at Drabek's start with graphs.

Jeff Blair also talks about Drabek, with quotes from his dad.

Bryan Smith, at Fangraphs, also looks at Kyle's start.

BlueJays.com talks to Cito about J.P. Arencibia. I hate this quote:

"The thing I'd like to see is to give Buck every opportunity to get his 20th home run," Gaston said. "The sooner he gets it, I can do something. That's pretty much what it is."

Why is getting Buck 20 home runs more important to our manager than getting at bats for a player that will actually be with the team next year?

The same article has a story about Brian Butterfield's ties with Buck Showalter.

Me? I road a duck boat today and wandered aimlessly around downtown Boston. Tomorrow we take a tour of Fenway and see the game. Life is good.