clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Vernon Wells wins Branch Rickey Award

Vernon Wells was selected winner of the 2010 Branch Ricky Award for his charity work.

Among other charity work, Vernon and his wife created the Perfect 10 foundation to single moms and their children.

The Perfect 10 Foundation, in partnership with Arms of Hope, began construction last April on eight homes for single mothers and their children on the campus of the Boles Children's Home in Quinlan, Texas.

"This is an important milestone for our foundation," Wells said at the time. "This is just the beginning of the work we expect to accomplish for single mothers and needy children across North Texas. Together with caring organizations like Arms of Hope, North Texas families can start getting the support they need and start living more productive lives."

Vernon really is a great guy and deserves this award.