clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

I never saw anyone get buzzed off of orange juice. - Gm 148 - Jays @ BoSox

Allo Allo, The season is in its final stretches and soon for those of us in Canada the sports coverage will turn 100% to Hockey as those baseball fans among us will go into hibernation until the Winter meetings and then again until the start of next season. Thats not to say I am just thinking about hte offseason now, but my thoughts keep drifting there. I am looking forward to seeing Drabek's two more starts and who knows maybe we might get to see some of JP Arencibia a bit.

Since the topic of Cito comes up almost daily at some point around the blogosphere many of my thoughts keep drifting towards where the Jays might turn for their skipper next year. If they will indeed stick with the internal choice and go with Butterfield, or will they go outside the organization and bring someone in. Hey, Maybe they will bring Buck down from the Booth again........ I just made myself a little sick.

On the mound today we have Romero taking on Josh Beckett. NESN recently pointed out that this series was the beginning of a set of Must Wins for the Red Sox, Isn't that great? They think they are still in the running, it makes our win last night even better. Hopefully Romero can hold down the Red Sox and our Offense can pick up where it left off last night.

2010 - Ricky Romero 12-9 29 29 3 1 0 0 191.0 171 90 79 14 74 162 3.72 1.28

2010 - Josh Beckett 5-4 18 18 0 0 0 0 108.0 123 76 70 14 37 102 5.83 1.48

After a strong game last night Lewis gets another start in LF and leads off again. To accommodate Snider is moved over to RF and Bautista moves into 3B. Hill after taking the HBP on his hand is sitting out with John McDonald taking over his duties at second. Oh and he is also taking over his spot in the Lineup. With Molina behind the plate tonight for Buck the bottom part of our lineup goes Overbay, Lind, McDonald, Molina, Snider.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups and Series info.

Next Game

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Boston Red Sox

Saturday, Sep 18, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Fenway Park

Ricky Romero vs Josh Beckett

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston Red Sox

09/18/10 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox
Fred Lewis - LF Marco Scutaro - 2B
Yunel Escobar - SS Darnell McDonald - CF
Jose Bautista - 3B Victor Martinez - 1B
Vernon Wells - CF Adrian Beltre - 3B
Lyle Overbay - 1B David Ortiz - DH
Adam Lind - DH Jed Lowrie - SS
John McDonald - 2B J.D. Drew - RF
Jose Molina - C Bill Hall - LF
Travis Snider - RF Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

The title comes from one of my favorite comedies "Death to Smoochy"