clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

INCOMING! Gm 150 - Mariners @ Jays

We really are into the home stretch now. As the Mariners roll into town to start a 3 game set I just realised that this is the start of the last home stand of the year that spans 3 series and 9 games. After Seattle the O's come into the Dome followed by the Evil Empire.

Does anyone else hear the drums? Or maybe its stomping.... Oh look all the hockey fans are coming out of hibernation as the pre-season kicks into gear tonight. The Jays have been bumped to Sportsnet One in order for Leafs and Sens to have their pre-season tilt broadcasted on RSN Ontario, Meanwhile out East and West they get a Yankee game and just for one final slap in the face to Jays fans in Canada ... Pacific is playing Poker. Joys of Joys.

Oh yeah there is a game tonight. Scrabble gets the start for the Jays looking to get his pitches under control in order to audition for a spot next year. To be frank (just don't call me Shirley), I don't think he stands much of a chance to crack the rotation. It isn't outside the realm of possbilities but he is going to be in tough. He is taking on Luke French from Seattle as they look to close out the year that fun forgot, they are 8 losses away from 100 on the season and I am sure they just want it to end at this point.

2010 - Marc Rzepczynski 1-4 11 9 0 0 0 0 45.1 57 32 31 7 22 34 6.15 1.74

2010 - Luke French 4-5 13 10 0 0 0 0 71.2 65 32 32 8 23 29 4.02 1.23

For our lineup, Aaron Hill is back from his injury and will man 2nd base and take up his usual 7th spot in the lineup. But don't you worry folks, you would think that would mean that John McDonald was heading back to the bench but no way no how! To work McDonald into the lineup Cito has moved EE to DH and put McDonald in over at 3rd. Johnny Mac is a wiz with the glove but I don't like him at 3rd, Something about the way he throws where it has more of an arc over to 1st.

Because EE takes over at DH and Overbay is in at 1st that means that Lind gets to take a seat. Buck is still behind the plate (still needs to hit that 20HR mark) but the good news is Snider is back in the lineup in LF and leads off.

Tune in after the jump for series info and Lineups.

Current Series

3 game series vs Mariners @ Rogers Centre

Seattle Mariners
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Tuesday, Sep 21, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Luke French vs Marc Rzepczynski

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to right field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Wed 09/22 7:07 PM EDT
Thu 09/23 12:37 PM EDT

Lineup

Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays

09/21/10 7:07 PM EDT

Seattle Mariners Toronto Blue Jays
Ichiro Suzuki - RF Travis Snider - LF
Chone Figgins - 2B Yunel Escobar - SS
Jose Lopez - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Justin Smoak - 1B Vernon Wells - CF
Ryan Langerhans - LF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Adam Moore - C John Buck - C
Michael Saunders - CF Aaron Hill - 2B
Matt Tuiasosopo - 3B Edwin Encarnacion - DH
Josh Wilson - SS John McDonald - 3B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title is probably from just about every War movie made. It serves a duel purpose, one, I hope it signals another Bautista bomb to make it 50 and two, the mountains of Hockey Fans that are psyched up for just one pre-season game is crazy. It has apparently been a long summer for them.