clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

You people. If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing, is it? - Gm 156 - Yankees @ Jays

80 wins down and another 6 games to play. We are already 5 games ahead of where we finished last year at 75-87 and no matter which way you slice it I say that makes for a good season especially with how we lost the best pitcher in baseball.

As we kick off the final home series of the year I feel bad that it is coming mid week. We have Cito appreciation day/Farewell game on Wednesday where the first 30,000 fans will get a special ticket with Cito on there. I can't remember if the last home game last year had many people but a Wednesday evening game usually isn't the best draw. Then again the Yankees are in town but that will tend will fill up the stands with the Bandwagon hoping NY poser fans.

On the mound today we have AJ Burnett returning to town, Normally this results in a deafening roar of Boo's (at least for the 1st inning) I wonder if we will get it tonight even without the same atmosphere that surrounded the first time he came back and pitched opposite Doc. For us Rzep gets his last start of the year looking to close out of the season on a high note against the Yanks. His big test is going to come in Spring Training next year when he is competing head to head against Drabek and the others looking to secure the 5th spot, but given everything its never to early to start the audition.

I would love to post the pitchers stats for the game but SBNation is being 10 shades of wonky tonight and nothing is working right. To be perfectly honest I am surprised I have been able to write this much. So here is the link to Rzep page on Baseball Reference. And here is the link to AJ Burnett's page

For the Lineups, Escobar in at SS, Hill sits out after being pulled from the last game so John "Power Hitting SS of the future" McDonald scoots over to 2nd base. Johnny Mac will bat 9th bumping up EE to the 8th spot. As he has not reached the magically number yet John Buck is back behind the plate.

Tune in after the jump for full lineups and series info.

Current Series

Lineups snagged from Bastian since SBNation doesn't seem to be working.

NEW YORK AT TORONTOat 7:07 p.m. ET, Rogers Centre

Thumbnail image for Yankees.jpgYANKEES (93-63)
1. Derek Jeter, SS
2. Nick Swisher, RF
3. Mark Teixeira, 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B
5. Robinson Cano, 2B
6. Marcus Thames, DH
7. Austin Kearns, LF
8. Curtis Granderson, CF
9. Francisco Cervelli, C

Pitching: A.J. Burnett (10-14, 5.05)

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for BlueJays.jpgBLUE JAYS (80-75)1. Travis Snider, LF
2. Yunel Escobar, SS
3. Jose Bautista, RF
4. Vernon Wells, CF
5. Lyle Overbay, 1B