clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Brandon Morrow's last start of the year wasn't what we wanted, Jays lose to Yankees.

Blue Jays 3 Yankees 7

Brandon Morrow's last start should have gone a lot better. He had a hard time finding the strike zone and when he did he was hit hard. It didn't go well and he came out after 3 innings with 5 earned runs against him. It is too bad, then those things happen, maybe it is a good thing that he's being shut down.

Brian Tallet came in and pitched two good innings. Unfortunately Cito sent him out for a 3rd. He gave up two runs in that inning. Casey Janssen and David Purcey pitched the last two innings without allowing a run.

We didn't do too much offensively either. Travis Snider hit a home run in the first to give us a short lived lead. He had 2 hits on the day. Bautista, Overbay, Hill and Lind each had one. Bautista and Wells each took two walks as well. The only Jays not to reach base were Mike McCoy (who didn't look good at the plate) and John McDonald

Jay of the Day is Travis Snider (.098 WPA). Aaron Hill deserves a honorable mention for a hit, a walk, a run and a RBI. Suckage Jays are Morrow (-.307) and McCoy (-.171).

All-in-all, not a great effort. Tomorrow Marc Rzepczynski (1-3, 6.03) gets the start. Javier Vazquez (9-9, 4.96) goes for the Yankees. Another afternoon game and this one on the normal Sportsnet channels. Yay.