clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Wow a game that is on TV. Jays at Yankees.

Yay we get to watch the game on real TV.

Other stuff...well, Snider is in the lineup, batting 9th, behind John McDonald. I don't understand it at all. You think maybe showing some confidence in the young man would be a good thing? Bautista plays third, Wise is in right. Aaron Hill is in the 2nd spot in the order.

Watching Jays connected. Jeff Blair thinks the Jays are going to trade for a 5th starter. Shi Davis thinks it will be Kyle Drabek. Blair thinks Vernon Wells is hiding an injury. You would think that Cito would be talking to him about that. If I was manager I'd have said to him, at the start of the season, 'you have to tell me if you are hurting, we can't have repeat of last year where we find out after the season that you have been hurting'.

Holy cow, Rance and Buck noticed that Jeter isn't hitting.

I really like this bit showing Scrabble in the bullpen with pitching coach Bruce Walton. And a talk with Dirk Hayhurst is next. I rarely watch Jays Connected, I really should more often.

Lineups after the jump.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees

09/04/10 1:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays New York Yankees
DeWayne Wise - RF Brett Gardner - LF
Aaron Hill - 2B Derek Jeter - SS
Jose Bautista - 3B Mark Teixeira - 1B
Vernon Wells - CF Robinson Cano - 2B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Marcus Thames - RF
John Buck - C Lance Berkman - DH
Adam Lind - DH Curtis Granderson - CF
John McDonald - SS Eduardo Nunez - 3B
Travis Snider - LF Francisco Cervelli - C

Current Series

Yankees lead the series 1-0

Fri 09/03 WP: Kerry Wood (3 - 4)
LP: Brandon Morrow (10 - 7)
3 - 7 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ New York Yankees

Saturday, Sep 4, 2010, 1:05 PM EDT
Yankee Stadium

Marc Rzepczynski vs Javier Vazquez

Mostly sunny. Winds blowing out to center field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 09/05 1:05 PM EDT

Looks like the weather is great for the game today.

Hoping for a good start today from Rzepczynski. It often takes lefties a bit longer to find out what works in the majors.

Go Jays.