clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Cold Hands From New York, Jays at Yankees Game Thread

The last couple of games weren't the most fun but this afternoon Brett Cecil gets to try to right the ship. Brett's had 3 really good starts in a row. He's only had one poor start in the last couple of months. And he's done well against the Yankees this year going 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA in 3 starts.

Phil Hughes on the other hand is 1-1 with a 6.60 ERA in three starts against the Jays and he hasn't been great in the second half of the season, 5-4, 5.03. So we have some reason to feel hopeful.

We have the same lineup going for the Jays as yesterday. The Yankees have ARod back.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees

09/05/10 1:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays New York Yankees
DeWayne Wise - RF Brett Gardner - LF
Aaron Hill - 2B Derek Jeter - SS
Jose Bautista - 3B Mark Teixeira - 1B
Vernon Wells - CF Alex Rodriguez - 3B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Marcus Thames - DH
John Buck - C Jorge Posada - C
Adam Lind - DH Curtis Granderson - CF
John McDonald - SS Greg Golson - RF
Travis Snider - LF Ramiro Pena - 2B

It has been a couple of days since our last Bautista home run...he's due.

The thread title comes from a Gordon Lightfoot song. Scratch an old Canadian folky, you get a Lightfoot song.