clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Shawn Hill and Robert Ray called up by Blue Jays.

John Lott thwips that Marc Rzepczynski is to start Wednesday (on short rest as he started Saturday) and that Shawn Hill is being called up to start Thursday. It is nice to see Hill get a start and hopefully a 3 or 4 more. Hill is 6-1 with a 1.61 in 11 minor league starts. in 56 innings he struck out 39 and walked just 8. Always nice to see another Canadian play for the Jays.

Robert Ray is also being called up so I'd imagine the plan is for him and Scrabble to 'share' the Wednesday game. It is kind of strange that they would use Rzep on short rest considering it is September and we have expanded rosters. Marc didn't throw a lot of pitches Saturday and looked good for the first couple of innings. He did have a bit of bad luck with calls and defense too so many it will work out.

So it looks like we won't see Brad Mills in a Jay's uniform again this season. He had a good start today. I hoped he might get another couple of starts.