clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country. - Gm 139 - Rangers @ Jays

Normally I like to start off by telling some sort of a story about the day I have had or something or the sort, I was all set to tell you how I am firing up the BBQ for burgers and sausages because talking about the BBQ wedding yesterday got me craving BBQ again. But no. Cito had to go and ruin that. Look at this lineup...

Lineup

Texas Rangers @ Toronto Blue Jays

09/08/10 7:07 PM EDT

Texas Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
Ian Kinsler - 2B Mike McCoy - LF
Michael Young - 3B Yunel Escobar - SS
Nelson Cruz - LF Jose Bautista - RF
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Vernon Wells - CF
Jeff Francoeur - RF Adam Lind - 1B
David Murphy - CF Aaron Hill - 2B
Jorge Cantu - 1B John Buck - DH
Bengie Molina - C Jarrett Hoffpauir - 3B
Cristian Guzman - SS Jose Molina - C

This isn't playing for the future or playing for right now. I don't get it. I'm so glad we have one of our best pitchers going tonight to hold down the Rangers hitters... Oh wait.

2010 - Marc Rzepczynski 1-3 9 7 0 0 0 0 35.1 44 27 26 5 17 29 6.62 1.73

2010 - Derek Holland 2-3 8 6 0 0 0 0 34.2 34 20 19 6 14 31 4.93 1.38

I took some flak on the site last time I called Cito Oblivious, but you know what? I don't care anymore, This is horrible. I used to hate the end of the baseball season, but this time I am partly looking forward to it, knowing afterwards I won't have to worry about our manager pulling this every other game. And yes we may get a manager who is even worse, but I'll take my chances at this point.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Mon 09/06 WP: Ricky Romero (12 - 8)
LP: Tommy Hunter (12 - 3)
7 - 2 win
Tue 09/07 WP: Shaun Marcum (12 - 7)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Scott Feldman (6 - 10)
8 - 5 win

Texas Rangers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Wednesday, Sep 8, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Derek Holland vs Marc Rzepczynski

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing from left to right field at 20-25 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Thu 09/09 7:07 PM EDT

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.