clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

I reject your reality and substitute my own - Gm 140 - Rangers @ Jays

Tonight we get to witness the Blue Jay debut of Mississauga native Shawn Hill. I always like watching players in their debuts, I know Shawn has pitched at the big league level before but this one would have to be special for him pitching for the Jays in Toronto. You have to imagine the butterflies comes back for ones like this.

Opposing Shawn on the mound will be 31 year old Colby Lewis, This is actually the second time Colby has faced the Jays this year, And I hope this time goes about as well as last time, He only gave up 3hits in 5.2 innings and he struck out 5, but he gave up 4BBs and 5ERs. Hopefully the Jays can do it again.

2010 - Colby Lewis 9-12 26 27 1 0 0 0 170.2 154 79 75 19 55 165 3.96 1.22

In the lineup, Adam Lind is taking a seat today as Overbay gets back into the game at 1st and Wells takes the day off from the field and will DH. Wise takes over for Wells and bats leadoff. Fred Lewis is back in the lineup and plays RF while batting 8th, Snider is in LF and bats 9th. Usually its the other way around with the OF, who knows, I wouldn't of guessed it.

Sorry for the short post, need to make dinner for my girls, Tune in after the jump for full series info and lineups.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-1

Mon 09/06 WP: Ricky Romero (12 - 8)
LP: Tommy Hunter (12 - 3)
7 - 2 win
Tue 09/07 WP: Shaun Marcum (12 - 7)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Scott Feldman (6 - 10)
8 - 5 win
Wed 09/08 WP: Derek Holland (3 - 3)
LP: Marc Rzepczynski (1 - 4)
1 - 8 loss

Texas Rangers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Thursday, Sep 9, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Colby Lewis vs Shawn Hill

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from left field at 10-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Texas Rangers @ Toronto Blue Jays

09/09/10 7:07 PM EDT

Texas Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
Ian Kinsler - 2B DeWayne Wise - CF
Michael Young - 3B Yunel Escobar - SS
David Murphy - LF Jose Bautista - 3B
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Vernon Wells - DH
Nelson Cruz - RF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Mitch Moreland - 1B Aaron Hill - 2B
Bengie Molina - C John Buck - C
Andres Blanco - SS Fred Lewis - RF