Game Thread for October 2nd LDS Games

New, comments

We have 3 games today:

Tigers at Yankees starting at 3:00 Eastern.

Max Scherzer (15-9, 4.43) starts for the Tigers. Freddy Garcia (12-8, 3.62) for the Yankees.

Rob Neyer is curious about the Tigers batting order today. Personally, on the Yankees side of it, I'd switch the 1 and 9 batters.

Diamondbacks at Brewers at 5:00 Eastern

Daniel Hudson (16-12, 3.49) starts for Arizona. Zack Greinke (16-6, 3.83) goes, on short rest, for the Brewers.

Cardinals at Phillies.

Former Jay Chris Carpenter (11-9, 3.45) starts for St. Louis. Cliff Lee (17-8, 2.40) starts for the Phillies. Looks to be the best pitching match up of the day.

I get to watch some of the first game before running out to pretend to coach hockey. My job is to pat kids on the back and say 'good shift' and to take credit if my guys score. I'm good at it.