If you can make it here... - Gm 28 - Jays @ Yankees - Game Thread

New, 400 comments

It's the rubber match! The Jays need to take this game to take the series and get back to .500 on the year. I would be nice to get back to that mark and given our schedule it really wouldn't be all that bad. Sure I would love to be a little better off so far, especially with our 5-1 start to the year, but things happen and this team is definitely going to go through some growing pains with the young guys we have.

To get us back to the magical .500 mark we send our secret weapon to the mound! It's time to get pink round and efficient everyone! Jesse Litsch. The last time Litsch faced the Yankees it was all the way back on Sept 23rd 2008. Ivan Nova goes for the Yankees, the last time he faced the Jays was in relief during the earlier series this season. He came in and threw 0.2IP and gave up 2Hs and a run.

2011 - Jesse Litsch 2-1 4 4 0 0 0 0 23.1 25 12 10 1 9 17 3.86 1.46

2011 - Ivan Nova 1-2 5 4 0 0 0 0 21.2 24 14 14 0 11 12 5.82 1.62

Lineups:

Today's line-up, Davis-CF, Escobar-SS, Bautista-RF, Lind-1B, Rivera-LF, Arencibia-C, Cooper-DH, Edwin-3B, McDonald-2B, Litsch-P

#NYY Lineup Jeter, Granderson, Teixeira, ARod, Cano, Swisher, Posada, Gardner Cervelli

Notes: EE back at third! Watch out in row 3! J.P. Arencibia back behind the plate for Litssch and McDonald back in at second. It appears they are going back and forth with Johnny Mac and Mike McCoy covering at 2B.

For the Yankees, A-Rod is back in up batting clean-up bumping Cano down tot he 5th spot.... Why couldn`t Cano have the day off... Also Cervelli is behind the plate in place of Martin which is a good thing with the way that Martin has been going so far this year.

Current Series

3 game series vs Yankees @ Yankee Stadium

Fri 04/29 WP: Ricky Romero (2 - 3)
SV: Jon Rauch
LP: Freddy Garcia (1 - 1)
5 - 3 win
Sat 04/30 WP: A.J. Burnett (4 - 1)
SV: Mariano Rivera
LP: Kyle Drabek (2 - 1)
4 - 5 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ New York Yankees

Sunday, May 1, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
Yankee Stadium

Jesse Litsch vs Ivan Nova

Sunny. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go