Why does the tall man have a furry face? - May 10th 2011 - Red Sox @ Jays Gamethread

New, 530 comments

Things are starting to look a little strained around the Blue Jays blogosphere. It is starting to look like the honeymoon period may be over for a lot of fans as it pertains to John Farrell. It certainly is a fine line, a little while back I posted about my confidence in the team and the manager and people were saying that it was still too soon and he was a rookie manager. I imagine a few of those folks are now thinking, ok... come on John.

Either way, baseball moves on and of course that old adage is that the best part about baseball is the fact that you can afford to have a short memory since you go right back out the next day. We rattle off a few wins in a row and people get happy again and we don't hear about any of the complaints.

Hopefully there is a nice crowd at the Dome tonight with Boston rolling in, unfortunately that usually means there are a lot of Boston fans in the house as much as there are Jay fans. Regardless I know its weird but even just watching from home, I get more excited when the seats are full. It creates more of an atmosphere at the game and creates more of an event to watch on television.

Pitchers and Lineups

2011 - Kyle Drabek 2-2 7 7 0 0 0 0 38.0 37 20 19 3 25 28 4.50 1.63

2011 - Jon Lester 4-1 7 7 0 0 0 0 46.1 36 12 12 5 15 46 2.33 1.10

Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH Drew RF Lowrie SS Crawford LF Saltalamacchia C

Escobar SS, Patterson LF, Bautista RF Encarnacion 1B, Hill 2B, Rivera DH, Arencibia C, McDonald 3B, Davis CF

Interesting notes: This is the first time young Drabek has ever pitched against the Red Sox. Power hitting Johnny Mac is in at 3B as Encarnacion shifts over to the 1st base side of the diamond. David Cooper to the bench.

Current Series

2 game series vs Red Sox @ Rogers Centre

Boston Red Sox
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Jon Lester vs Kyle Drabek

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 60.

Complete Coverage >

Wed 05/11 7:05 PM EDT

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Todays title from Star Trek Nemesis