You can't park your car here! Why not? Is this not a reasonable place to park? May 11th 2011 - Red Sox @ Jays GameThread

New, 532 comments
PHILADELPHIA - MAY 01:  Baseball bats are seen during batting practice before the Philadelphia Phillies play the New York Mets at Citizens Bank Park on May 1, 2010 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
PHILADELPHIA - MAY 01: Baseball bats are seen during batting practice before the Philadelphia Phillies play the New York Mets at Citizens Bank Park on May 1, 2010 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
Getty Images

What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I don't know about everyone else, but I could use a few more bats in the Jays lineup (see what I did there?). While it was nice to see some timely hitting near of the end of the game yesterday and it was really good to see Davis really put his speed to use in setting up the winning run, it would be nice to be able to score more runs on average then what we have been able to. Granted a full and un-injured lineup probably helps that out somewhat.

The roof status for tonights game is open. Weee! I mentioned this the other day, but even when you are watching at home the excitement of a full crowd really translates and I find it draws you into the game even more. At least it does for me. The roof being open definitely helps the mood at the dome and its always nice to see the night sky under the CN towner when it is all lit up.

Taking the mound tonight is Mr. Pink Round and Efficient Jesse Litsch. He will be taking on Mr. Old Broke and Overpaid John Lackey.

2011 - Jesse Litsch 3-2 6 6 0 0 0 0 35.2 35 18 16 3 14 31 4.04 1.37

2011 - John Lackey 2-4 6 6 0 0 0 0 32.2 44 26 26 4 13 18 7.16 1.74

Lineups!

#Bluejays lineup v #redsox: Escobar6, Patterson7, Bautista9, Rivera0, Hill4, Arencibia2, Cooper3, McDonald5, Davis8 - Litsch v Lackey

Redsox lineup v #Bluejays: Ellsbury8, Pedroia4, Gonzalez3, Youkilis5, Ortiz0, Drew9, Crawford7, Saltalamacchia2, Iglesias6 - Lackey v Litsch

Interesting notes: Like Tom said earlier, it looks like Escobar is fine, thankfully. Cooper back in at first and Rivera to bat 4th and DH.

ALSO BREAKING NEWS! - Scott Podsednik has been released by the Jays at the request of the player accordng to Mike WIlner's twitter feed. Seemed like it was bound to happen, no way he was taking away the 4th outfield spot away from Patterson.... although I guess that Patterson is basically an everyday outfielder now. Man... now Im depressed.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 1-0

Tue 05/10 WP: Carlos Villanueva (1 - 0)
LP: Matt Albers (0 - 1)
7 - 6 win

Boston Red Sox
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

John Lackey vs Jesse Litsch

Clear. Winds blowing from right to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around .

Complete Coverage >

Keep it Civil and GO Jays GO!

Today's title from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas