John McDonald Homers: Jays Beat Red Sox

New, 45 comments

Red Sox 3 Blue Jays 9

I love beating the Red Sox, sweeping them is even better. Quick recap cause I'm out the door.

We, finally, got lots of offense, John McDonald hit a homer and a 2 run double. Rajai Davis was 4 for 4 with a couple of steals. We had 12 hits in all and 5 walks. Everyone in the lineup got on base at least once.

Jesse Litsch had a pretty good game, going 5.2, with 6 hits, 1 walk and 4 k. He gave up a couple of home runs in the 6th before being pulled. Casey Janssen, Jon Rauch and Frank Francisco combined for 3.1 innings of shutout ball.

Jays of the Day are Patterson (.160 WPA), Mac (.141), Davis (.128), Janssen (.116) and Escobar (.099). Rivera had Suckage number at -.150.

We got some nice defense too. Yunel made a great play to start a DP in the 9th. Johnny Mac had a couple of nice plays at 3rd and David Cooper made a nice play early in the game.

Friday we start a 3 game set in Minnesota.