Today in Bluebird Banter History

New, 14 comments

I'm sure I'm the only one that likes these occasional little looks back, but since I like them I'm going to keep doing them.

One Year Ago

Wow, I was unhappy with the Jays. The team had just announced that the Phillies series, that I was going to Toronto to see, was being moved to Philadelphia and I wasn't getting much information from the Jays. It turned into a long rant about how hard it is to be a baseball fan. I guess my favorite line:

I don't understand why it is so hard to get a response from them. Yeah, I know they are busy. I know they haven't figured everything out yet. But how long would it take to send an email saying 'Sorry, we are still working things out, we'll get back to you.' Or perhaps 'Sorry, but we won't do a thing for you, you Cito hating bastard.

It all turned out ok in the end, there was a fair bit of driving but saw games in Toronto and Philadelphia.

Two Years Ago

Jesse had a great post on Marco Scutaro, who was having a great start to the season, way beyond what any of us thought he could do. Jesse wondered if he could continue to play that well. He did.

Early last year, everyone thought his defence would regress, that it was an artifact of small sample size, but both anecdotally and statistically Scutaro was incredible last season and has been so far in 2009. Is it actually possible that he could hit and field like this for a whole year?

Three Years Ago

Hugo had a post on a newpaper story about Shannon Stewart complaining about the season he was having. It didn't get any better. The real reason I bring this post up is to rag on Hugo for using a John Denver song for the post title. Just when you think the guy is cool, he turns out to be a closet Denver fan. I'm disappointed in you, Hugo. But I won't tell folks about the Bryan Adams song you used a little while later.