Another game another manager controversy. John Farrell's decision to pull Ricky Romero in last nights game was met with a lot of scorn in the on-line community. That being said I think a lot of people calmed down a bit after they thought about it. We did get on baseball a lot for managers always going to a closer if its a save situation even if its not the best idea. Probably a good idea not to manage for another number in the complete game column as well. That being said had Francisco blown the save I am positive a lot more scorn would have been flying around.

Man is it hot out, and the summer of Jo-Jo keeps rolling on and on and on. Poor Jo-Jo is still winless despite a few well pitched ball games this year. Even still I have to think he is starting to wear out his welcome. Brett Cecil is putting together some not spectacular but solid starts in AAA and while the team is going to give Jo-Jo every chance to compete there is only so long you can keep someone in the rotation that makes everyone cringe whenever he touches the ball.

Jo-Jo Reyes

#37 / Pitcher / Toronto Blue Jays

6-2

230

Nov 20, 1984

2011 - Jo-Jo Reyes 0-3 7 7 0 0 0 0 36.0 45 28 20 2 11 24 5.00 1.56

Nick Blackburn

#53 / Pitcher / Minnesota Twins

6-4

240

Feb 24, 1982

2011 - Nick Blackburn 2-4 7 7 0 0 0 0 41.0 48 22 18 6 16 20 3.95 1.56

Lineups

Lineup: Escobar SS Patterson LF Bautista RF Rivera DH Hill 2B Arencibia C Cooper 1B Mcdonald 3B Davis CF

#Twins lineup vs #BlueJays: Span CF, Plouffe SS, Kubel DH, Morneau 1B, Young LF, Cuddyer RF, Valencia 3B, Hughes 2B, Rivera C

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 1-0

Fri 05/13 WP: Ricky Romero (3 - 4)
SV: Frank Francisco
LP: Alex Burnett (0 - 2)
2 - 0 win

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Minnesota Twins

Saturday, May 14, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Target Field

Jo-Jo Reyes vs Nick Blackburn

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 50.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 05/15 2:10 PM EDT

Keep it civil and Go Jays Go