That was a horrible way to end last nights game. It seems that Jo-Jo really is cursed. I know he hasn't pitched great in all of his starts this year but this is one where he really deserved the win. The fact that we could only muster 2 runs against the Astros was a bit of a let down. Add that to the late inning blow up and it hurts even more. A lot of people are going to point to the pen blowup as reason that Jo-Jo should have been left in the game, I am not sure I agree with that position. I think I would have done the same as Farrell. Jo-Jo had thrown 7 fantastic innings even in his good starts this season he still gave up a few runs, this was about as good as you could ever expect him to be. He was obviously nearing the end of his rope and they thought it best to preserve that great start. If he goes out in the 8th and even lets one runner on that scores odds are he doesn't feel the same confidence at that time. Besides this is exactly why you have you late inning guys, to close out games like this.

Today we have strikeout machine Brandon Morrow taking on Hugo's favourite pitcher Brett Myers. Between I think it is pretty obvious that Brandon Morrow has the better "stuff" but really that doesn't matter much if we can't score some runs. And there is always that tricky issue on whether or not Morrow will have control over his arm on the given day.

Brandon Morrow

#23 / Pitcher / Toronto Blue Jays

6-3

195

Jul 26, 1984

2011 - Brandon Morrow 2-2 5 5 0 0 0 0 26.0 22 14 14 1 12 37 4.85 1.31

Brett Myers

#39 / Pitcher / Houston Astros

6-4

240

Aug 17, 1980

2011 - Brett Myers 1-3 9 9 0 0 0 0 56.1 67 31 30 10 22 44 4.79 1.58

Lineups!

1. Escobar, SS 2. Patterson, LF 3. Bautista, RF 4. Hill, 2B 5. Rivera, 1B 6. Davis, CF 7. Thames, DH 8. McDonald, 3B 9. Molina, C

1. Bourn, CF 2. Sanchez, 2B 3. Pence, RF 4. Lee, DH 5. Wallace, 1B 6. Johnson, 3B 7. Barmes, SS 8. Bogusevic, LF 9. Quintero, C

Molina gets his one start through the rotation as Morrow takes the hill and Arencibia gets a day off. Nix is also getting the day off as Johnny Mac gets the start at 3rd base. Other then those two changes everything else remains the same as Farrell continues to sit EE on the bench after his horrible outing a few games ago.

Current Series

Astros lead the series 1-0

Fri 05/20 WP: Wilton Lopez (1 - 1)
SV: Mark Melancon
LP: Frank Francisco (1 - 1)
2 - 5 loss

Houston Astros
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, May 21, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Brett Myers vs Brandon Morrow

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from left to right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 05/22 1:07 PM EDT

And a little something to get Jose back in the HR hitting mood

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go