Jose Bautista Hits 2 Homers, Jays Beat Astros

New, 28 comments

Astros 5 Blue Jays 7

Come from behind wins are much more fun when the Jays are the team doing the coming from behind part.

The really good news is that our national crisis is over, after 4 games without a home run, Jose Bautista hit two today. It is kind of funny that we have grown to expect at least one home run from him every game.

It took until the 6th inning, but our offense finally got into gear. After being down by 4, we got 3 runs in the 6th, 3 more in the 7th and 1 in the 8th. We had 10 hits. Multi hit games for Bautista ( who had a single goes with the 2 homers) and 2 each for Eric Thames and Jose Molina. Yunel Escobar hit his 4th home run.

Brandon Morrow didn't have a good start. 9 hits and 3 walks in 6 innings with 6 strikeouts. Not his best work. Our bullpen, on the other hand, did the job today, unlike yesterday. Casey Janssen came into the 7th with 2 runners on and got us out of trouble. Jason Frasor pitched a perfect 8th inning. Jon Rauch started the 9th, got an out and then give up a couple of hits and a run, so Farrell brought in Octavio Dotel to get the last couple of outs and his first save of the year.

Jays of the Day are Escobar (.347 WPA), Bautista (.243), Molina (.226), Janssen (.152), Thames (.114) and Dotel (.099). Suckage numbers go to Morrow (-.241), Mac (-.179) and Davis (-.099).

This playing once every 5 days thing is really working for Jose Molina. He's had two great games in a row, with 5 days on the bench in between.

Tomorrow we have Kyle Drabek (3-2, 4.32) goes against the Astros and Wandy Rodriguez (2-3, 3.45).