Into the belly of the beast featuring a clash of the two leading HR hitters in baseball right now. Jose Bautista is still leading the league but Curtis Granderson is right on his heels. They are both doing it pretty much the same way pulling to their power side and despite my initial thoughts Granderson isn't hitting all of his at Yankee stadium.

Today we were suppose to see Jesse Litsch but that all went to pot when he was put on the DL this past week and in his place we are going to see a patchwork job put together with the bullpen with Carlos Villanueva getting the start. We are also carrying an extra pen arm in Luiz Perez when Mike McCoy went down yet again just to give us an extra weapon for this. Frankly I am little surprised Brad Mills or Brett Cecil didn't get the call but the Jays have done a lot this year that surprises me so I have just learned to go with it. We take on Bartolo Colon for the Yankees who has done quite well all things considered this year.... the things considered being the fact that he is Bartolo Colon.

Carlos Villanueva

#33 / Pitcher / Toronto Blue Jays

6-2

230

Nov 28, 1983

2011 - Carlos Villanueva 1-0 13 0 0 0 0 0 24.1 10 4 4 2 10 21 1.48 .82

Bartolo C

olon

#40 / Pitcher / New York Yankees

5-11

265

May 24, 1973

2011 - Bartolo Colon 2-2 9 6 0 0 0 0 51.1 47 20 18 7 11 48 3.16 1.13

Lifetime agains

t the Jays Colon is 9-3 in 19S with 4CG, he has thrown 130IP and sports a 3.60 ERA and a 1.223 WHIP. Not too shabby at all. Villanueva has got into 2 games with the Yankees, and has faced a total of 6 batters while only giving up 1H with 0BB or Ks.

Lineups!

1. Davis, CF 2. Patterson, LF 3. Bautista, RF 4. Escobar, SS 5. Rivera, 1B 6. Hill, 2B 7. Thames, DH 8. A

rencibia, C 9. Encarnacion, 3B

1. Jeter, SS 2. Granderson, CF 3. Teixeira, 1B 4. Rodriguez, 3B 5. Cano, 2B 6. Martin, C 7. Posada, DH 8. Gardner, LF 9. Dickerson, RF

The Yankees lineup is pretty Crazy. At the moment Granderson, Cano and Martin are going well. And you of course can never count out Teix or A-Rod..

Tom posted our lineup earlier and it is a weird one, looks like Farrell is going to continuously try to shake things up around Bautista in Lind's absence until he gets something to stick.

Current Series

3 game series vs Yankees @ Yankee Stadium

Toronto Blue Jays
@ New York Yankees

Monday, May 23, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Yankee Stadium

Carlos Villanueva vs Bartolo Colon

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Tue 05/24 7:05 PM EDT
Wed 05/25 1:05 PM EDT

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go