You know how sometimes I have really brilliant ideas? Sorry - Gm 30 - Jays @ Rays - Gamethread

New, 505 comments
ST PETERSBURG, FL - MAY 03:  Outfielder Rajai Davis #11 of the Toronto Blue Jays catches a fly ball against the Tampa Bay Rays during the game at Tropicana Field on May 3, 2011 in St. Petersburg, Florida.  (Photo by J. Meric/Getty Images)
ST PETERSBURG, FL - MAY 03: Outfielder Rajai Davis #11 of the Toronto Blue Jays catches a fly ball against the Tampa Bay Rays during the game at Tropicana Field on May 3, 2011 in St. Petersburg, Florida. (Photo by J. Meric/Getty Images)
Getty Images

Another weird start time. Apparently the folks in Tampa think that during weekday matches in the month of May starting the game early by the extra 30 minutes will give them better attendance for school kids. It's a good thought but I think by the look of their attendance numbers so far in the season that something isn't working like they want it to. Conversely there has been some talk about the Jays early season attendance, and while obviously not where they would like it to be early in the season we are seeing a little bit of an improvement over last years numbers and averages at the same time. How much of this is due to the big draws in the east coming out to play a lot earlier this year? Who knows. Well actually I am sure someone does but I don't have the patience to dive into the numbers that much. So onwards to the game tonight!

On the mound tonight Brandon Morrow takes on my arch-nemesis Jeff Niemann. I still think he looks like Jeff Daniels (when Niemann doesn't have the beard of course), so in that vein Kick his ass seabass!

2011 - Brandon Morrow 0-1 2 2 0 0 0 0 11.1 9 5 5 1 3 16 3.97 1.06

2011 - Jeff Niemann 1-3 5 5 0 0 0 0 27.1 30 20 17 4 7 17 5.60 1.35

Lineups:

Jays game, 6:40pm. Lineup:Davis RF, Patterson CF, Escobar SS, Lind 1B, Rivera LF, Encarnacion 3B, Cooper DH, Molina C, McDonald 2B, Morrow P

#Rays lineup Wednesday: Fuld LF, Zobrist 2B, Damon DH, Longoria 3B, Joyce RF, Upton CF, Kotchman 1B, Brignac SS, Jaso C

Notes: Still no Bautista. He is likely out for the entire series. John Lott tweeted that its possible that both Aaron Hill and Jose Bautista make it back into the lineup on Sunday against the Tigers. In the meantime our defensive lineup remains the same with Davis shifting over to cover Bautista and Patterson taking over in CF. Jose Molina is behind the plate as usual to catch Brandon Morrow. McDonald takes his shift at 2nd as Hill remains out of the lineup.

Current Series

Rays lead the series 1-0

Tue 05/03 WP: Kyle Farnsworth (2 - 0)
LP: Jon Rauch (1 - 2)
2 - 3 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Tampa Bay Rays

Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 6:40 PM EDT
Tropicana Field

Brandon Morrow vs Jeff Niemann

. Game time temperature around .

Complete Coverage >

Thu 05/05 1:10 PM EDT

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title from an episode of Doctor Who "The Pandorica Opens". Sorry for all the Doctor quotes and references lately, with the new series started I am completely hooked again.