Part Man, Part Machine, All Cop - Gm 32 - May 6th 2011 - Tigers @ Jays - Gamethread

New, 491 comments

Well another roadtrip is done. We seem to have been on the road a lot so far this year (20 games out of 31 for those counting). A really tough month to start off the year. Not only on the road, but against the AL East and West Coast trips? Yikes. Thanks schedule makers. You all just made the list.

We are going to see a few good pitching matchups over the weekend, It is looking like Verlander and Romero are going to pair up and on Monday Morrow takes on Max Scherzer. Should be a good weekend of ball.

I rant a lot of the Tigers, in years past the Jays and the Tigers had a great rivalry given their close proximity, In fact there are a lot of Canadians down the highway between Toronto and Detroit that cheer for the Tigers. Take a peek over at www.bluejayhunter.com today and he has a great post up on how the city of London was almost like a dividing line for the fanbases. Great stuff.

Pitchers and Lineups!

2011 - Jesse Litsch 2-2 5 5 0 0 0 0 29.1 31 17 15 3 11 22 4.60 1.43

2011 - Phil Coke 1-4 7 5 0 0 0 0 30.0 27 20 15 3 12 17 4.50 1.30

Side note to SBnation, please fix the Lineup widget. Its make everything look a lot nicer and I am too lazy to have to keep looking up the lineups on twitter before the gametime.

#Bluejays line-up vs. #tigers: Davis9, Patterson8, Escobar6, Lind3, Rivera7, Arencibia2, Encarnacion0, McCoy5, McDonald4 - Litsch vs. Coke

#Tigers line-up vs. #bluejays: Jackson8, Sizemore4, Boesch7, Cabrera3, Martinez2, Ordonez9, Peralta6, Avila2, Inge5 - Coke vs. Litsch

Interesting notes, Hill and Bautista still out. No further word, most people are still saying Sunday. Arencibia gets his second start in a row to catch Litsch. They really can't get back soon enough, seeing McCoy and McDonald both in the lineup everyday is making me develop an eye twitch.

Current Series

4 game series vs Tigers @ Rogers Centre

Detroit Tigers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, May 6, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Phil Coke vs Jesse Litsch

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing out to right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 05/07 4:05 PM EDT
Sun 05/08 1:07 PM EDT
Mon 05/09 7:07 PM EDT