Talking about last night: Jays lose to Tigers

New, 28 comments

Tigers 5 Jays 2

I go away for a weekend and we get no-hit? Just cause I'm gone doesn't mean they should stop playing.

At least we got some hits yesterday and it is nice to have Jose Bautista and Aaron Hill back in the lineup. Now if Lind could return quick and if they could bring back Travis, I'd be happy. Jose gave us our, short lived, lead, with a 2 run homer in the 3rd. Other than that, we didn't have a lot of offense. Yunel had 2 singles. Patterson and Encarnacion each had a double.  We didn't take any walks.

Jo-Jo Reyes did pitch late into the game, Farrell left him in until he gave up a leadoff double to start the 8th. That doesn't mean he was particularly good, 7 inings, 8 hits, 1 walk, 1 strikeout and 5 earned. He still isn't getting ground balls and one of the fly balls made it out of the park, had to figure that was going to start happening. I'll all for pulling the pin on him now. They could put him in the bullpen, I suppose, but his line against LHB isn't very good, .250/.400/.357. That is just 35 plate appearances, but i don't think I'd want my LOOGY letting lefties on at a .400 clip.

Speaking of LOOGYs, what was the point of putting Rzepczynski in for the 9th inning, down by 3? Scrabble has been in 17 of 34 games, so far, why not let him sit this one out?

Jay of the Day? Bautista, of course (.111 WPA). Suckage numbers go to Reyes (-.172), Arencibia (-.173) and Patterson (-.129).

Tonight Max Scherzer (5-0, 3.15) starts for the Tigers. Brandon Morrow (1-1, 3.06) for the Jays. Let's give Max his first loss.