Who are these kids? - Gm 35 - Tigers @ Jays - May 9th 2011 - Gamethread

New, 498 comments

Yesterday the team looked flat. I hope that today seems better. In my day to day TV watching life I usually gauge how good a program is by how much it holds my attention. If I start browsing the web, checking e-mail or doing something else odds are what I am watching I don't find very exciting. Yesterdays game fell into that category for me. Granted for the first half of the game I was finishing up editing a podcast that we recorded (Going to post it after the game! Sorry for the wait). So I never really got into the flow of the game by the time I could devote my full attention to it.

Tonight I am going to be just as distracted as I have some work that I need to look into, I should be able to stop by the thread here and there and hopefully I get to stick around. It really sucks because out of the entire weekend I was really looking forward to this pitching matchup.

Pitchers and Lineups:

2011 - Brandon Morrow 1-1 3 3 0 0 0 0 17.2 14 6 6 1 7 23 3.06 1.19

2011 - Max Scherzer 5-0 7 7 0 0 0 0 45.2 43 16 16 7 20 46 3.15 1.38

#Bluejays lineup v #Tigers: Escobar6, Patterson8, Bautista9, Encarnacion5, Hill4, Rivera7, Arencibia0, Cooper3, Molina2 - Morrow v. Scherzer

#Tigers line-up vs. #Bluejays: Jackson8, Santiago4, Boesch9, Cabrera3, Martinez0, Kelly5, Peralta6, Avila2, Raburn7 - Scherzer vs. Morrow

Still no Adam Lind and even more disturbing news from the twitter feed of Mike Wilner.... Lind is not available tonight at all and is walking around like a man with a bad back. Doesn't sound good.

Secondly it looks like we have two catchers in the lineup tonight as Davis gets the night off and Bautista takes his RF spot back. JPA will slot into the DH spot to give the bottom of the order a little extra pop.

Current Series

Tigers lead the series 2-1

Fri 05/06 WP: Jesse Litsch (3 - 2)
SV: Frank Francisco
LP: Phil Coke (1 - 5)
7 - 4 win
Sat 05/07 WP: Justin Verlander (3 - 3)
LP: Ricky Romero (2 - 4)
0 - 9 loss
Sun 05/08 WP: Brad Penny (3 - 3)
SV: Jose Valverde
LP: Jo-Jo Reyes (0 - 3)
2 - 5 loss

Detroit Tigers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Monday, May 9, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Max Scherzer vs Brandon Morrow

Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 60.

Complete Coverage >

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title is from Starship Troopers.