Bad Night for Brandon Morrow: Jays Lose to Indians

New, comments

Indians 6 Blue Jays 3

Short recap tonight because it is late.

Brandon Morrow didn't have a good night. He wasn't bad through 4 innings, he gave up a run in the 2nd and 2 more in the 3rd but there wasn't much hit hard against him. Then in the 5th, he got the first 2 batters out, then a walk, 2 doubles and a single, before getting the 3rd out. It just didn't go well, he game up 9 hits, 2 walk and 6 earned, while getting 9 strikeouts in 5 innings. He's still my favorite starter to watch.

Luis Perez pitched 2 scoreless relief innings. Octavio Dotel and Frank Francisco had a scoreless inning each.

We tried to get back into it. We got 2 runs in the 7th and 1 more in the 9th. In the early innings we seemed to be hitting the ball hard but we found a lot of gloves. Yunel Escobar was 2 for 5 with his 6th home run. Jose Bautista had 3 hits. Aaron Hill had 2. Eric Thames, Rajai Davis and Jayson Nix had 0 fors.

I'm going to give Yunel Escobar (.091) the Jay of the Day. Morrow (-.243), Juan Rivera (-.120, he hit into a DP to end the 1st when we had 2 guys on) and Davis (-.101) have suckage numbers.

Not a good game, tomorrow we try to win the series behind Kyle Drabek (3-3, 4.16). Jose Tomlin (6-2, 2.74).

You all likely know, but Brett Lawrie was hit in the hand with a pitch tonight. He was taken to hospital for x-rays but they came back negative. Brett twittered: Just a BRUISE !!! We don't know yet if that will push back his expected Friday call up. I hope not.