I haven't done a links post in a while, but was wandering through the Jays Blogosphere and saw a lot of good stuff out there. Chime in with any links you think are interesting.
- Gregor Chisholme has notes on Ricky Romero, J.P. Arencibia and quotes from Don Wakamatsu on Jesse Litsch.
- The Rays have released everyone's favorite reliever/author Dirk Hayhurst. Alex, I'd love it if you would pick him up.
Bluefield clinches Appy East crown | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
The Blue Jays' first season in the Appalachian League could not have gone better.
- This is a couple of days old, from the Naional Post: Kelly Johnson talking about hearing about the trade and being rattled by an earthquake at the same time.
- Bob Elliot talks to Todd Stottlemyre about the death of Mike Flanagan. But the interesting tidbit is the note that The Jays say Newmarket lefty Jake Eliopopulos, whom they drafted in the 43rd round in June, did not return any of their calls before the Aug. 15 deadline.
- The Leafs take batting practice. Insert your own joke.
- Fangraphs wonders if the Yankees should move our old friend A.J. Burnett to the bullpen. We are so lucky he opted out of the contract with us.
- Kelly: Time for Rogers to open vault to get Jays to next level - thestar.com. Cathal Kelly thinks the Jays should spend money, but not on a high priced free agent. I'm not sure what he is getting at and the lead is buried under 500 words about the Yankees upset over the rescheduling of games with the Orioles. Yeah, I don't know why I'm linking to this mess.
- Tao of Stieb looks at the mess that was Kyle Drabek's start from last night.
- Blue Jay Hunter wonders what is wrong with Adam Lind.
- Blue Jay Hunter also has a video of the 1996 Jays lip syncing This Land is Your Land
- Mike Wilner rants about the folks that call his phone in show. I don't know how he does that job.
Davidi on Snider: Cautiously optimistic - sportsnet.ca
"It's been kind of a long year for me, I've put in a lot of extra work and it sucks to see it come down to something like tendinitis," says Snider. "I didn't think it would be season ending first and foremost. I was hoping it would be something that I just could get through the end of the season, ultimately the decision was made by the organization.