clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Vote Tom Cheek For the Ford C. Frick Award

Yes, it is September again and every September we go vote for Tom Cheek for the Ford C. Frick Award or actually we vote to get Tom Cheek's name as one of the 10 finalists for the Ford C. Frick Award and then the powers that be vote for the award.

Each year, at least for the past 3 years, we do this and we get Tom Cheek the most votes in the popular vote and each year they give it to someone else. Not that I should complain too much because there are many deserving candidates and they only take one each year.

Like last year, the vote is on Facebook, so you have to have to be on Facebook to vote, it is a drag but that's where it is. the voting is at The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum page. From there you have to go to the 'Wall' and then find the poll. The poll is: Who should be one of the 10 finalists for the 2012 Ford C. Frick Award for excellence in baseball broadcasting?

You can vote once a day, I tried to vote twice but it wouldn't let me. I don't know if there is a way to see who is leading in the voting, it won't let me in to see. Anyway, go, vote for Tom Cheek and then do it again tomorrow and every day for the rest of the month. Maybe this time they will get it right.

We'll put up a link to the vote on the side of the main page tomorrow.