clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Here's Johnny! - Sept 13th 2011 - Jays @ Red Sox - Gamethread

Hey! I just drove in from Nova Scotia and boy are my arms tired, wait... I think I got that wrong. I tried to stay away from baseball for the most part on my vacation back home so I didn't really get much news. I saw that Dustin McGowan returned which was something I thought I would never see, and a few more injuries happen to go along with the call ups for the team. There were a few surprises for callups at least in my opinion but it is always great to see some of the guys from the system get the call.

Tonight the Jays start a 2 game set in the friendly confines of Fenway. Brandon Morrow tows the rubber for the Jays and looks for a chance at redemption from his last start. Last time out he faced the same Red Sox and things didn't go so well as he didnt make it through 5 surrendering 8 runs on 8 hits while hitting 2 batters and walking one. Hopefully he isn't quite as wild as his counterpart can be tonight. Opposing Morrow will be Tim "still on 199 wins" Wakefield, he has been stuck on 199 wins for awhile now and even though last time out against the Jays his team spotted him a few runs both he and the pen couldn't hold it in the end.

2011 - Brandon Morrow 9-10 26 26 0 0 0 0 153.0 144 94 87 18 58 177 5.12 1.32

2011 - Tim Wakefield 6-6 30 20 1 0 0 0 139.2 146 94 78 22 39 78 5.03 1.32

For the lineup, both Lind and Johnson have the day off so Cooper and Woodward slip into their spots on the field. Loewen is back in CF with McCoy at SS. According to notes from John Lott, Escobar still has swelling from HBP last week, Rasmus may be starting with the Fisher Cats through to the end of the week and Wise is unavailable today due to upper respiratory problems as well as some reaction to dental work...... I believe that means he is either in some good pain or a little loopy from the drugs. Either way apparently he ain't playing.

For a full look at the lineups and series info hit the jump.

Current Series

2 game series vs Red Sox @ Fenway Park

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Boston Red Sox

Tuesday, Sep 13, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Fenway Park

Brandon Morrow vs Tim Wakefield

Mostly clear. Winds blowing out to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Wed 09/14 1:35 PM EDT

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BOSTON RED SOX