clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

If You Roll 'Snake-Eyes', Roll Again - GameThread Sept. 14 - Jays at Red Sox

Title is from a Joe Ely song, Roll Again. Basically, keep trying.

The less said about yesterday the better.

Today is a new day. Still no Colby Rasmus, it looks like the Jays are going to let him play with New Hampshire until the playoffs end. And no Yunel, they say the MRI showed no damage but his elbow is still swollen. We get more of Mike McCoy at SS and Adam Loewen in CF.

Today we have August's AL pitcher of the Month, Ricky Romero, starting for us. He is also in the running for the Roberto Clemente Award. You can vote for him here. And while you are in the voting mood, go vote for Tom Cheek, you can vote once each day.

John Lackey starts for the Red Sox, he's had a tough year, 12-12, 6.30.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BOSTON RED SOX
Mike McCoy, SS Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Eric Thames, LF Scoot, SS