clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Wasting away in margaritaville - Sept 16th 2011 - Yankees @ Jays - Gamethread

It's the start of the last homestand of the year! Man, where did the time go, it seems like only yesterday we all had the promise of a new year a full year of Snider ahead of us, Davis leading off and our key speedy CF, Lawrie developing in the minors, Hill and Lind bouncing back and Jeff Blair being grumpy about things.... wait scratch that last one it hasn't changed at all.

We were supposed to see Brett Cecil pitching tonight but things got a little crazy in the kitchen when he was making Margarita's for everyone and he will be out with a cut on his finger. You have to feel for Brett, he has a lot of stuff said about his weight and pitching speed and god knows what else on the internet, so I don't want to rip him too bad. Instead, I'm going to be a nice guy, Bought you a present Brett! In his place tonight we are going to see Dustin McGowan make his second start after coming back from injury, hopefully it goes a bit better then last time although he will have all he can handle with the Yankees coming into town. Opposing Dustin will be the greatest pitcher in the game today..... wait... sorry I've got the Yankee's script in front of me for some reason... give me a second *shuffles papers*.... I can't find it, to hell with it.

2011 - Dustin McGowan 0-0 2 1 0 0 0 0 7.0 8 7 7 1 8 5 9.00 2.29

2011 - CC Sabathia 19-8 31 31 3 1 0 0 224.1 213 81 73 15 55 216 2.93 1.19

On the good news front today, the Jays activated Colby Rasmus from the DL and he will be the lineup tonight against the Yankees. Still no Escobar as McCoy will lead off and play SS again.

Current Series

3 game series vs Yankees @ Rogers Centre

New York Yankees
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Sep 16, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

CC Sabathia vs Dustin McGowan

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 09/17 1:07 PM EDT
Sun 09/18 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup