clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

And so, the time is near... - Sept 18th 2011 - Yankees @ Jays - Gamethread

Last game against the Yankees for the year!

At this time of year you will hear a lot of talk about who you want to cheer for in the playoffs. Given that the Jays are out of it, it is pretty typically for fans to latch onto another team so they have a rooting interest in the playoffs outside of any playoff fantasy pools. Personally I'm cheering for Texas, cause well its just process of elimination really. I either don't like or refuse to cheer on the other teams.

2011 - Brandon Morrow 9-11 27 27 0 0 0 0 158.1 151 101 92 20 59 179 5.23 1.33

2011 - Freddy Garcia 11-7 24 23 0 0 0 0 136.0 141 60 56 14 41 89 3.71 1.34

The last two times out Brandon Morrow faced off against the Red Sox and things didn't go nearly as well as we would have hoped, and to get him back on the winning track he has to face the Yanks? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire.

As Tom mentioned in the bantering post, there are no call-ups in the lineup today as the regulars get their hacks. Thames back in LF and Lind and Encarnacion switch DH and 1B.

Current Series

3 game series vs Yankees @ Rogers Centre

Fri 09/16 WP: Casey Janssen (5 - 0)
LP: Boone Logan (5 - 3)
5 - 4 win
Sat 09/17 WP: Aaron Laffey (3 - 2)
SV: Mariano Rivera
LP: Carlos Villanueva (6 - 4)
6 - 7 loss

New York Yankees
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Sunday, Sep 18, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Freddy Garcia vs Brandon Morrow

Sunny. Winds blowing from right to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

JAYS YANKEES
McCoy SS Gardner CF