clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

This is a blender free zone - Sept 20th 2011 - Angels @ Jays - Gamethread

Best bunting face ever (Photo by Claus Andersen/Getty Images)
Best bunting face ever (Photo by Claus Andersen/Getty Images)
Getty Images

After getting scratched from his last start due to a blender related incident Brett Cecil is back on the mound looking to finish strong in his last start at home.

I want to believe that there is going to be a bigger crowd at the old dome tonight but I honestly don't believe it. On one hand it is really sad that the crowd wasn't bigger for the last home series of the year but on the other hand I understand how it is. Shi Davidi said it sickened him how low the attendance was and that the pre-season game for the Leafs and Sens probably outdrew the game (Pretty sure it did). I tend not to get mad about these things, partly because I am a hockey fan and partly because of the situation. The Jays are finishing up another year in 4th place and yet another year of not reaching the playoffs. Given that, am I surprised that a mid-week game at the end of another finished season with no playoffs paired against the first hockey Toronto has seen in months drew poorly? Nope. The Jays get fantastic TV coverage with every game being televised and for the most part widely available. Maybe I could do with different announcers but at least I can watch the team, and better yet they actually do well in ratings. Basically I just don't want people to get too upset about hockey coverage in the country, yes we get it, you don't like hockey, but it's Canada and thats what popular so can we stop complaining about it already? If I see another baseball/hockey fight break out in the comments I'm bringing out the hammer.

2011 - Brett Cecil 4-9 18 18 2 1 0 0 117.1 111 60 57 18 38 83 4.37 1.27

2011 - Joel Pineiro 6-7 25 22 0 0 0 0 133.1 170 86 79 16 36 55 5.33 1.55

Full Lineups and Series info after the jump

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 1-0

Mon 09/19 WP: Casey Janssen (6 - 0)
LP: Scott Downs (6 - 3)
3 - 2 win

Los Angeles Angels
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Tuesday, Sep 20, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Joel Pineiro vs Brett Cecil

Clear. Winds blowing out to center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Wed 09/21 7:05 PM EDT
Thu 09/22 7:07 PM EDT

Lineup