clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

From Here I Can Touch the Sun: 7/9 Game Thread, Orioles at Jays

Hi everyone - hope you are all having a great Friday. I have enjoyed actually being in town for two straight weeks - unfortunately that's about to come to an end as I'm about to embark on another three weeks on the road. Seattle, San Francisco, L.A., Arizona, and Buffalo. Here goes.

The Jays kick off a weekend series in Toronto tonight against the Orioles and look to get out over .500. Brett Cecil pitches for the Jays, while Jeremy Guthrie goes for Toronto. Since rejoining the Jays rotation at the end of June, Cecil has a 4.06 ERA, and 59 Ks and 26 walks over 88 innings. Nothing wrong with that. His past three starts haven't been particularly good, though, so he's looking to get back on track and finish the season strong.

Enjoy and let's go Jays!

Today's title comes from a truly amazing and heartbreaking song, "The Commander Thinks Aloud," by the Long Winters.