Jon Morosi: Blue Jays 'On Verge' Of Acquiring Josh Johnson

New, 1593 comments

Could the Jays be trading for Josh Johnson?

He'd look much better in Blue, but then so would anyone.
He'd look much better in Blue, but then so would anyone.
Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE

Here is Jon Morosi's Tweet:

Of course, he has no details beyond 'could be even larger than that'. Josh Johnson would look great in our rotation. He's 28, in his prime. He has a career 3.15 ERA with the Marlins, with 8.2 k/9 and 3.0 walks/9. Pretty decent numbers. His won/loss record wasn't good last year, 8-14 but he had a 3.81 ERA with 165 strikeouts and 65 walks in 191 innings.

I'm not sure what the Jays would be sending back. Prospects I'd guess. Maybe they want J.P. Arencibia plus some prospects?

Anyway, the normal 'if you heard it, Alex isn't doing it' cautions remind, but it's about time we had a good rumor around here.

Update: Ken Rosenthal says we will get Mark Buehrle and the Marlins will receive Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria. Hmmmmmm....