100th Grey Cup - Calgary Stampeders Vs. Toronto Argonauts - Open Thread

New, 512 comments

Toronto is hosting the 100th Grey Cup, a game to crown the 2012 champions of the Canadian Football League, tonight starting at 6 pm Eastern.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSS!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSS!
Credit: Minor Leaguer's Photoshoppin'

The Big Game tonight in Canada is the 100th Grey Cup, which is held in the Rogers Centre. Toronto held a whole week of festivities leading up to the actual game, blocking several downtown blocks with booths and concert stages. Tons of jersey-wearing football fans from all over the country were seen around downtown, all awaiting for today's match.

Calgary Stampeders

versus

Toronto Argonauts

6 pm Eastern, TSN

I asked all of the Canadian staff on Bluebird Banter for their predictions and here is what we think will happen:

Staff

Calgary

Toronto

Bowling_Guy25

14

21

Damaso’s Burnt Shirt

37

39

jays182

23

31

JohnnyG

14

24

leaflover4ever

38

42

Minor Leaguer

31

34

Tom Dakers

44

27

It's not surprising that all of the Ontario-based folks guessed that the Argonauts will win, and all of the one Calgary guy thinks the Stampeders will win.

What are your predictions? Let us know in the poll and the comments--get them in before kickoff!