Contest Time: Blue Jays Haiku

New, 73 comments

Give us your best Blue Jay Haikus.

Bob DeChiara-US PRESSWIRE

Once again we have almost nothing for Blue Jay news, unless you consider Bob Elliot telling us that Art Howe would like to the be the Jays manager news. I don't really have an opinion on Art Howe. I do sort of feel bad for the guy, since he was the villain of the Moneyball movie. But reading that someone wants the job doesn't mean much to me. He can want the job all he likes, if Alex isn't interested in him then he won't be considered. Watch for my profile of Minor Leaguer and his longing for the manager job. He'd like you to know he is nothing like the character TonyFernandezSavedMyLife portrays him as.

I wonder if Phillip Seymour Hoffman would like the job?

Anyway, let's have a Haiku contest. Anything relating to the Blue Jays season or start of the off-season is fair game. Three lines, 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. And, if writing about John Farrell, remember our language rules.

We will always love
Edwin Encarnacion's
T-Rex Home Run Trot

Yeah, you all can do better than that.