Hall of Fame Poll: Mike Piazza

New, comments

Would you vote Mike Piazza into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Mike Piazza
Mike Piazza
Christian Petersen

Mike Piazza was probably the best offensive catcher of all-time. He holds the all-time record for home runs as a catcher.

Over 16 seasons, Piazza hit .308/.377/.545 with 427 home runs, 2127 RBI in 1912 games.

He was Rookie of the Year in 1993, played on 12 All-Star teams, won 10 Silver Slugger awards, got MVP votes 9 times, never winning but coming in 2nd twice, 3rd once and 4th once.

Mike has an offensive WAR of 63.2, good for 66th all-time. He also caught 2 no-hitters.

A pretty amazing career for a guy that was drafted in the 62nd round, only because Tommy Lasorda was his Godfather.

He also had a couple of run ins with Roger Clemens. He was hit in the head by a Clemens pitch, which put him out of the lineup with a concussion. Then, in the World Series, Clemens threw a piece of a broken bat in his directions. Clemens said he was throwing it to the bat boy, but I don't know why he would throw a broken bat that hard at a bat boy. Anyone that gets on Clemens' bad side is aces with me.