Casey Janssen Signs for 2 Years, $5.9 Million

New, 7 comments

Casey Janssen signed a two-year, $5.9 contract with a team option for a third year at $4.0 million.

Janssen was 6-0 with a 2.26 ERA last year. He's pitched 111 games the last two seasons with an ERA of 3.31 over the last two seasons, striking out 8.4/9, while walking 2.6/9. He's been a great part of our bullpen. I was hoping he'd move up to the setup role this year but we've picked up a bunch of arms for the pen this off-season. He'll be competing with Jason Frasor, Darren Oliver and Francisco Cordero for high leverage work.

Casey has long been a favorite of mine so I'm glad he'll be around for the next few years.