Another nice day for both the Jay's pitchers and batters. We are 13 and 4 now.
- Brett Cecil: 4 innings, 3 hits, 1 earned, 0 walks, 2 k. Gave up a triple, in the first inning, that scored on a 'single' that went right through Yunel's legs. I hope Farrell stops the infield in stuff when the season starts. I'm guessing he'd just making sure they work on it. Cecil looked pretty good, some pitches were up but the triple was the only extra base hit. 0.90 ERA on the spring.
- Carlos Villanueva: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 k. Nice job.
- Jason Frasor: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 k. Got a DP to get him out of trouble.
- Casey Janssen: 1 inning, 2 hits. Gave up some hard hit balls.
- Francisco Cordero: 1 inning, 3 hits, 1 earned, 1 k. Also got a nice DP to get himself out of trouble.
- Yunel Escobar: 2 for 4, 2 RBI, k, 2 doubles. .286.
- Omar Vizquel: 1 for 3. .400.
- Jose Bautista: 1 for 4, HR, 3 RBI.
- Adam Lind: 0 for 4. .240. Hit a couple of balls hard.
- Edwin Encarnacion: 1 for 3, double. .273. Only made one catch in LF, that I noticed, so it was tough to make any judgement on his play out there.
- Ben Francisco: 2 for 4. .240.
- Eric Thames: 0 for 2. A soft fly out and a strikeout. Strike three was called on a tough pitch. .323.
- Rajai Davis: 2 for 3. .296.
- Anthony Gose: 0 for 1, k, steal (as pinch runner for Davis). ..304.
- Mike McCoy: 1 for 4, a great bunt single, RBI, steal. .217.
- Yan Gomes: 3 for 3, 2 doubles. .500. Really looked good at the plate.
A good game for the batters, considering they were facing Cole Hamels and 4 relievers with major league experience. They got hits of all the relievers but Chad Quails.
The Jays don't play tomorrow, so Henderson Alvarez is going to start in a minor league game. Dustin McGowan starts Tuesday against the Red Sox in a rare spring night game. A.J. Jimenez got sent to the minor league camp after the game. And then there were 41.