clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Quick Recap: Jays Beat Red Sox in Extras

Red Sox 5 Jays 6 (10 innings)

Another comeback win. We are now 19-4 on the spring. Still doesn't mean much better winning is always more fun than losing.

Pitching:

  • Aaron Laffey: 5 innings, 9 hits, 5 earned, 0 walks, 1 k. Not a good start for Laffey, it was hit hard and often. Gave up 2 doubles and a triple in the first inning, another double in the second, a triple and 2 singles in the 5th. I think it is his first bad start of the spring, and I think all starters gets one each spring, but, with Dustin's troubles today, Aaron could have helped himself with a good showing.
  • Our relievers gave us 5 shutout innings. Frasor, striking out the side, Villanueva and Hoey with two strikeouts, all looked particularly impressive. Hoey still has a 0 ERA for the spring. He looks like someone nice to have around, just case of injuries.

Batters:

  • Kelly Johnson: 1 for 2, walk. .308.
  • Yunel Escobar: 1 for 3, RBI. .250.
  • Jose Bautista: 0 for 2, Hit by pitch. .306.
  • Rajai Davis: 2 for 2, 2 steals. .306. Kind of like him as a fourth outfielder, pinch runner. Was thrown out at the plate, on a safety squeeze that he made a bad read on.
  • Adam Lind: 2 for 2, homer, double, walk. .306. Nice game for him, double was hit the other way. Two good games in a row.
  • Edwin Encarnacion: 2 for 3, double, RBI. .318. He looked good too.
  • Brett Lawrie: 0 for 2. .560.
  • Eric Thames: 0 for 2, k. .333. Made one nice catch in LF and then one poor effort, diving at a fly and missing. didn't look good in either of his at bats.
  • Travis Snider: 0 for 2, k. .271. Didn't impress at the plate either.
  • Colby Rasmus: 0 for 2. .184. Was robbed on a hard hit ball.
  • Jeff Mathis: 0 for 1, walk. .160.

Blue Jays don't play tomorrow. Ricky Romero is to pitch tomorrow in a minor league game, to keep him on schedule to start opening day.