Continuing our look at how the players on our top prospect list are doing this season.The earlier pasts are here: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16 -20, 21-25 and 26-30.
31. Tom Robson: Robson went on the DL with a sore elbow after making 3 starts for Bluefield. Last I heard he wasn't going to have to have surgery. In his 3 starts he pitched 11 innings, 10 hits, 5 earned, 2 home runs, 0 walks and 7 strikeouts. Robson is 19, we picked him in the 4rd round of the 2011 draft.
32. Jeremy Gabryszwski: Our 2nd round pick from 2011 is pitching in Bluefield. He's pitched in 8 games, 6 starts, 2-0, 2.38 ERA, 34 inning, 32 hits, 4 home runs, 3 walks and 16 strikeouts. It would be nice to see more strikeouts and fewer home runs but he's doing pretty good.
33. Mitchell Taylor: Taylor's MILB stat page has him listed as being on the "Voluntarily Retired List". Ouch. Before that he was suspended for 50 for testing positive for a banned substance for a 2nd time. Apparently it wasn't a 'performance enhancing drug', something of the more recreational variety.
34. Jorge Vega-Rosado: He's been all over the place, starting with the Gulf Coast League Jays (.143/.308/.238 in 9 games). Then jumped to Lansing (.091/.130/.091 in 6 games). Now he is playing in Bluefield and has hit .288/.397/.364 with 1 home runs and 4 steals in 18 games, 66 at bats. He's played second, third and short.
35. Santiago Nessy: Santiago has been catching at Bluefield. In 19 games he has a .253/.330/.424 line with 4 home runs, 9 walks, 31 strikeouts in 99 at bats. Too many strikeouts but he is young yet, just 19. He has thrown out 41% of base stealers.