I am horrible at keeping new year's resolutions, but I figure that posting the baseball-related ones here, on record, would help keep me on track (I conveniently skipped out on making them last year). One of the resolutions I made (and kept) for 2013 was to save money for the inevitable Blue Jays playoff tickets I would need to buy. Well, since I still have a full piggy bank, I'll put "attend a postseason game" on my resolution list:
- Improve my writing and decrease the mailed-in post : real post ratio.
- Attend a Major League Baseball postseason game... whether or not the Blue Jays happen to be playing in October.
- Visit Manchester, New Hampshire to watch the Fisher Cats play.
- Visit Boston and watch a game in Fenway Park.
- Be less frustrated at dumb plays and Blue Jays losses.
- Be less frustrated at Blue Jays analysts and talk-show hosts.
- Be less frustrated at Darren O'Day.
- Listen to more Lansing Lugnuts baseball as called by Jesse Goldberg-Strassler.
- Keep up with updating the Blue Jays roster tree subway map (latest here).
- Drink beer and eat steak while watching baseball. (I'm allowed to have one easy one.)
- Learn R to do fancy-schmancy stats stuff.
- Read more baseball and non-baseball books.
- (Not baseball-related) Scuba-dive.
- (Not baseball-related) Perform a Supperjump that involves eating food from Waffle House.
- (Not baseball-related) Floss regularly.
And what are yours?