Quick Recap: Another Poor Start for Ricky Romero

New, 57 comments
No pictures from today. This is Henry Blanco and Mark DeRosa after Mark's home run yesterday.
No pictures from today. This is Henry Blanco and Mark DeRosa after Mark's home run yesterday.
USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 2 Tigers 4

So yet another start that didn't go great for Ricky Romero. Spring numbers don't count, but it would be nice to see him do well. 3 innings, 5 hits, 3 earned, 2 walks, 4 k, 1 home run, 1 double. He has a 7.27 ERA this spring. I'm not really worried about the numbers, he was working on stuff early, but I'd like to see some improvement as we get closer to the season.

Other pitchers:

  • Dave Bush: 2.0, 3 hits, 1 earned. 3.38.
  • Ramon Oriz: 2.0, clean. 3.38.
  • Juan Perez: 1.0, 1 k. 0.00.

Our offense only managed 6 hits:

  • Anthony Gose: 1 for 4, k. .333.
  • Emilio Bonifacio: 1 for 3, double. .306.
  • Rajai Davis: 1 for 3, double. .200.
  • Colby Rasmus: 1 for 3. .158.
  • Andy LaRoche: 1 for 3, walk, home run number 4 of the spring, k. .270.
  • Luis Jimenez: 1 for 2, walk. .200.
  • Ryan Schimpf: 0 for 4, k. .143.
  • Mike Nickeas: 0 for 3, 2 k. ,231.
  • Lance Zawadzki: 0 for 3. .286. He also made 2 errors at shortstop, giving him 5 on the spring.