Quick Recap: Astros Batter Brandon Morrow

New, 16 comments
No pictures from today's game, here's Andy LaRoche from last Wednesday.
No pictures from today's game, here's Andy LaRoche from last Wednesday.
USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 2 Houston 11

No I'm not going to worry. Brandon Morrow got hit hard and often. 7 hits (2 doubles,1 triple and 2 home runs), 6 earned, 2 walks, 1 k. I'd imagine he's still working on particular pitches. I'll worry during his last couple of starts of the spring. Brandon has a 7.25 spring ERA.

Brett Cecil pitched 1.1, 2 hits, 1 home run, 1 earned, 1 k. 6.35. He's getting a ton of strikeouts but he's getting hit pretty good too.

  • Claudio Vargas: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 home run, 1 earned, 1 walk. 5.63.
  • Justin Germano: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 earned, 2 k. 7.36.

The Jays only had 4 hits (but then the only on in the lineup sure to make the team was Rajai Davis.

  • Anthony Gose: 0 for 1, walk, 1 k. .324.
  • Rajai Davis: 0 for 2. .188.
  • Luis Jimenez: 1 for 4, k. .200.
  • Andy LaRoche: 0 for 3. .250.
  • Ryan Langerhans: 0 for 3, 2 k. .281.
  • Josh Thole: 0 for 3, 2 k. .115.
  • Mike Nickeas: 1 for 3, double, k. .241.
  • Jim Negrych: 1 for 1, walk. .455.
  • Mike McCoy: 1 for 3, double, k. .150.

The Jays have tomorrow off. They are sitting at 8 and 13, second worst record in the AL to the Angels.