Quick Recap: Jays Beat Astros, Melky Cabrera, Josh Thole and Jose Bautista Homer

New, 22 comments
No new pictures, here is Emilio Bonifacio from last Wednesday
No new pictures, here is Emilio Bonifacio from last Wednesday
USA TODAY Sports

Astros 6 Blue Jays 10

Mark Buehrle pitched 4 innings, 3 good, 1 bad. In the 3rd he gave up 2 singles, 2 doubles and a home run. In total 4.0, 8 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 4 k. His spring ERA is 6.23. It's spring, he's allowed to work on things.

  • Sergio Santos: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 home run, 2 k. 5.40. I'm just happy to see him pitching. Ground ball single and a home run that was apparently helped by the wind.
  • Esmil Rogers: 2.0, 1 hit, 1 walk, 4 k. 8.64. Nice to see him do well. he's been hit hard.
  • Justin Germano: 2.0, 2 hits, 2 k. 6.23.

A good day for our bats. 14 hits, 10 runs, 4 home runs (Cabrera, Bautista, Thole and Langerhans). It is about time we beat the Astros.

  • Emilio Bonifacio: 1 for 3, walk, k, steal. .286.
  • Melky Cabrera: 2 for 3, home run, walk. .349. First home run of the spring.
  • Anthony Gose: 0 for 1, caught stealing. .316. He was caught on the back end of a double steal with Bonifacio. I would have thought that was almost impossible.
  • Jose Bautista: 2 for 4, home run (number 4 on the spring), 3 RBI. .256.
  • Ryan Langerhans: 1 for 1, home run, 2 RBI. .303.
  • Adam Lind: 2 for 4, 1 k. .432.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 1 for 3. .368.
  • Josh Thole: 1 for 2, home run. .143.
  • Colby Rasmus: 1 for 2, walk, hit by pitch. 160.
  • Andy LaRoche: 0 for 1, k. .244.
  • Maicer Izturis: 0 for 3, k. .211.
  • Jim Negrych: 0 for 1. .435.
  • Mike McCoy: 1 for 4, 2 k. .167.

Tomorrow the Jays play the Orioles in Sarasota.