GameThread: Jays @ Rays

New, 132 comments
Yunel
USA TODAY Sports

The Jays make the bus trip to Charlotte Sports Park to play the Rays today. Well, some of the Jays, Ricky Romero is staying behind to pitch a minor league game. Easier to watch his mechanics that way.

Jose Reyes and Edwin Encarnacion have made it back to Dunedin, but won't play today. Still hungover from the other night I'd imagine.

Of course the game isn't on TV. But, for a change Sportsnet is not showing the Yankees. They have the Mets and the Cards. I was hoping to see Travis d'Arnaud but nope, John Buck is catching.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS TAMPA BAY RAYS
Anthony Gose, LF Desmond Jennings, CF
Jim Negrech, 2B Matt Joyce, LF
Jose Bautista, RF Evan Longoria, 3B
Colby Rasmus, CF Ben Zobrist, RF
Josh Thole, DH Luke Scott, DH
Henry Blanco, C Yunel Escobar, SS
Luis Jimenez, 1B James Loney, 1B
Eugenio Velez, 3B Jose Lobaton, C
Mike McCoy, SS Kelly Johnson, 2B
Claudio Vargas, P Roberto Hernandez, P

Our former middle infield playing for the Rays...that should be fun.