Well, if you want to look at it this way, it was a much better outing for Ricky Romero than his last time out, a minor league start. It still wasn't good, 4.1, 6 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned, 3 walks, 2 strikeouts. 44 of his 75 pitches were strikes. Not good but a big step forward. He was to pitch 6 innings or 90 pitches, but they pulled him before that point. I don't know why. His spring ERA is now 6.23.
Our relievers did a really good job:
- Darren Oliver finished the 5th for Ricky, and got two quick outs, one a strikeout. 0.00.
- Dustin McGowan pitched in a major league spring game for the first time this year. Two pop outs and a line out in his quick inning. Hit 93 with his fastball.
- Marcus Stroman also pitched in his first major league spring game, in his case ever. 2.0, 1 walk, 2 k. Great job.
- Alex Hinshaw: 1.0, 1 walk. Gets the save. 3.24.
- Jose Reyes: 1 for 3, steal, k. .462.
- Melky Cabrera: 1 for 3, k. .379.
- Jose Bautista: 0 for 1, walk, hit batter. .255.
- J.P. Arencibia: 1 for 3, 2 k. .472.
- Mark DeRosa: 1 for 3, k. .475.
- Adam Lind: 2 for 3, home run, double. .358.
- Rajai Davis: 1 for 4, home run, steal. .271.
- Maicer Izturis: 0 for 3. .220.
- Emilio Bonifacio: 2 for 3. .322.