GameThread: Jays @ Orioles

New, 251 comments
Emilio, letting us know the number of errors he'll make today.
Emilio, letting us know the number of errors he'll make today.
USA TODAY Sports

We can actually watch today's game, if you get FX Canada or if you have MLB.TV. And later, Italy and Mexico play in the WBC, that one starts at 3:00 Eastern and is on Sportsnet One.

Mark Buehrle gets the start and is to pitch 3 innings. Justin Germano is to follow, and pitch 2 innings.

The lineups:

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Emilio Bonifacio, 2B Nolan Reimold, DH
Maicer Izturis, SS Brian Roberts, 2B
Melky Cabrera, CF Conner Jackson, RF
Jose Bautista, RF Matt Wieters, C
Adam Lind, DH Chris Davis, 1B
Mark DeRosa, 3B J.J. Hardy, SS
Lars Anderson, 1B Nate McLouth, CF
Henry Blanco, C Manny Machardo,3B
Eugenio Velez, LF Steve Pearce, LF
Mark Buehrle, P Jason Hammel, P

So, Melky in CF? He has played 560 MLB games in CF, so all is good. If you don't know who Eugenio Velez is, you aren't alone. Jays signed him as a minor league free agent. He does have 259 games in, in the MLB. Owns a .241/.287/.367 line, mostly for the Giants.

With both DeRosa and Blanco in the lineup, we get 2 runs for character. Before the game starts we are up 2-0 .

Join us if you are watching.