clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

O For Saturday May 4, 2013 Links

For once, I would like the Jays to score a run, score more than one run a game, score more than one run an inning, not walk a batter an inning, not walk a batter in a game and not throw the ball away or catch it in a game and actually win a game at better than a .333 clip. I know this asking a lot but come on! Well, onto the links

Poor Puppy's sad face sums up any Jays fan as they look at the 10-20 record.
Poor Puppy's sad face sums up any Jays fan as they look at the 10-20 record.
Wiki Commons

GAME RECAP (Even I don't want to do this)

Blue Jays and Ricky Romero get shut out by Seattle Mariners | Toronto Star
Can they score another run? Granted it was against a very on Felix Hernandez but seriously...

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays’ Ricky Romero still a work in progress: Griffin | Toronto Star
Mixed results for the Jays’ Ricky Romero in his return to the big leagues.

Blue Jays’ pitching guru in Toronto to watch star pupil Ricky Romero | MLB | Sports | National Post
After investing all that time and effort with Ricky Romero, Dane Johnson wanted to be present at the re-creation

Spit-Take! | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
NSFW DJF on the Spitball. Is this the vaunted Farrell Effect?

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Fifth Deck Home Runs at the Rogers Centre
A look at 5th Deck Shots over the years. BTW can you name the only player who actually hit a ball out of the 'Dome? (It should be easy.)

MLB LINKS

Buchholz, Morris and a Brief History of Spitball Accusations | FanGraphs Baseball
It's not like anyone else accused the Toronto Blue Jays of cheating... right?

Should MLB Eliminate the Entire Playoffs? | FanGraphs Baseball
Interesting question.

GIF: Robbie Grossman Would Run 500 Miles | NotGraphs Baseball
I should get 500 bucks and I should get 500 more when I hear this song again in a bar because I can't take it anymore...

TODAY IN TASER HISTORY

Baseball History May 4th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1989 Junior Felix becomes the 53rd player in major league history to hit a home run in his first at-bat. The Blue Jay rookie's initial blast comes off California's Kirk McCaskill in a 10-inning loss to the Angels, 3-2.

2010 A 17-year-old fan, who jumped onto the outfield at Citizens Bank Park, is subdued by a Philadelphia police officer using a Taser. The Phillies said the police department was discussing the appropriateness of its use of a stun gun with the team.